Thursday, April 9, 2009

Growin' Up

"I had a lot of growing up to do.A lot of times, I learned the hard way." -Allen Iverson

I like this quote from Allen Iverson because I can relate. I can relate because I'm on the streets. The streets can be fun when staying out of trouble but they will never change. When I was younger I was blind to the good influences around me. I learned the system the hard way by not listening to the good influences around, like my father. But I had to learn through my own experience, like going in the system at a young age.

Learning the hard way has helped me become more mature. I was best for me to learn at a young age rather than a older age. Make sure your actions are something ok with you and no one else's influence. There is always someone that's going to try to bring you down so always keep your head up and eyes wide open. Out of all the growing I've done there's always more to do. (No one's perfect.)

-SHO

2 comments:

  1. You are so right Jamie. No one IS perfect, and there is always more to learn. I love the quote you selected and I think we can all relate to this quote in some way. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your comment. This was written by one of our students and I will be sure to let them know that someone commented on it.

    ReplyDelete